BARN CHANGE OF USE IN CHALGROVE OXFORDSHRIE
MDP successfully secured planning permission to change the use of an already consented annex to a 2-bedroom dwelling with parking and outdoor space. The Barn sits within the grounds of a semi-detached farmhouse, between Chalgrove and Stadhampton in Oxfordshire.
Having already had the planning permission consented for a barn to be erected, MDP sought to gain approval for changes to the use of the barn that would allow it to be used as a separate dwelling. Some examples of the changes proposed:
- The tack room was to be changed to a second bedroom.
- The internal door between the agricultural storage and the main living area was to be removed.
- Addition of a private rear garden measuring approximately 13m deep to meet District minimum standards.
- Provision of two parking spaces in-line with County expectations and cycle parking.
- Addition of a small recess around the front door to clearly define its purpose as an entrance.
The materials used for the barn were suited to the farmhouse style with hand cut textured multi stock brick and heritage styled clay tiles for the roof roof along. It was successfully argued that the proposed dwelling would not impact negatively on the surrounding area or the close neighbour.
The application was approved and the dwelling has since been built according to the approved plans.